Position: Program Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: HND/BA/BSC, MSc/MA/MBA
Experience: 3years and Above
Job Field: NGO
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the PD in assuring effective planning, implementation and management of assigned projects in FHI 360 Nigeria.
- Assist the PD in strengthening systems for reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks, according to FHI 360 and the respective donor guidelines.
- Assist the PD in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Assist the PD in the provision of programmatic assistance to local FHI 360 partners in implementing their sub agreements.
- Assist the PD in capacity building efforts aimed at local Implementing Agencies (IAs).
- Remain informed on current programs and research in the health and development field; improve skills by working closely with international prevention specialists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country
- Basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multi sectorial development project.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.